Did you know on Thanksgiving Day, the average American consumes 4,500 calories and over 230 grams of fat? If you’re on your weight loss journey, or trying to maintain a healthy eating lifestyle, Thanksgiving can seem very intimidating! Lucky for you, we’re sharing some of our favorite Motive Weight Loss Program friendly recipes to help navigate Thanksgiving like a champion! Be sure to also check out our ‘Thanksgiving Survival Guide’ here for extra tips to staying on track this holiday season!
Serves 4 | Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 60, Carbohydrates 5 g, Fat 1 g, Fiber <0.1 g, Protein 9 g
- 1 Package Motive Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 Scallion, minced
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until creamy.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve with assorted vegetables
Turkey and Dressing with Gravy
Serves 2 | Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 249, Carbohydrates 12 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 42 g
- 2 Packages Motive Cream of Chicken Soup
- 6 oz. Turkey Breast, cooked and sliced
- 1 Slice of Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 tbsp. Green Onion, minced
- Dash of Ground Sage
- ½ Cup Hot Water
- Toast bread and crumble.
- Dilute 1 package of soup with ¼ cup of water. Season with Sage and stir in onions.
- Combine bread crumbs with soup mixture and place in bottom of oven-safe dish.
- Layer Turkey on top.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining soup packet with remaining water, adding more water if necessary.
- Pour over turkey.
- Heat in microwave until warm.
Mock Mash Potatoes
Serves 1 | Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 87, Carbohydrates 10 g, Fat 1.1 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 12 g
- ½ Package Motive Chicken Bouillon Soup
- 8 oz. Frozen Cauliflower
- In a small saucepan, cook cauliflower according to package directions until very soft; drain.
- Mash with a fork and add ½ package of chicken soup. Mix well.
Serves 2 | Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 102, Carbohydrates 4 g, Fat 2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18 g
- 1 Package Motive Beef Bouillon Soup
- 2 oz. Low-Fat Swiss cheese, grated
- 8 Medium-Sized Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Clean mushrooms and separate stems. Chop stems and mix with swiss cheese.
- Make mushroom cups by scooping out the remaining mushroom caps.
- Place mixture in each mushroom cup. Sprinkle beef soup and a small amount of water over each mushroom.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes.
Serves 2 | Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 166, Carbohydrates 29 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 16 g
- 1 Package Motive Vanilla Shake/Pudding
- 1 Small Apple
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- 4 oz. Water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare pudding according to directions. Set aside and chill.
- Core apple, sprinkle with cinnamon, and wrap in foil.
- Bake apple in shallow pan at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve, spooning pudding over apples.
Ready to get a head start on your New Year Resolutions? Ready to put you and your health first in 2020? At Motive Weight Loss Center, our goal is to provide you with a program that fits YOUR life. If you’re ready to take the journey to reach the healthiest version of you, we’ll be here to help guide you. Take the first step and schedule a consultation with us today!