Nothings says summer more than a Fourth of July barbecue by the pool with friends and family. While most barbecues tend to offer a menu that is not so “weight loss program friendly”, we want to share a few recipes that will keep you on track but are still festive and delicious and are sure to satisfy all of your holiday cravings!
Star Spangled Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ cup of Blueberries and/or Strawberries
- 6 oz Skinless, Boneless Chicken
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Prep the chicken with a tablespoon of Olive Oil and sprinkle with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Grill on medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, toss together Spinach, Walnuts, and Berries.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, chop and placed on top of the salad.
- Finish off the salad with remaining Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar.
Grilled Asparagus and/or Grilled Zucchini
- 1 medium Zucchini
- ½ pound of fresh Asparagus spheres, trimmed
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Slice Zucchini lengthwise into quarters.
- Lightly coat veggies with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Place the veggies on the grill on medium heat for about 5 minutes, turning once and watching to prevent over-cooking.
- Removed the veggies from the grill and enjoy with your Star-Spangled Spinach Salad!
Apple Pie Shake
- 1 Package Motive Vanilla Shake/Pudding
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (If you don’t have this handy, you can substitute with Cinnamon and Nutmeg instead!)
- 3 Ice Cubes
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Combine at high speed for 45 seconds.
- Remove and enjoy!
If you’re heading to a party, we recommend you prepare your meals ahead of time and take them with you! By doing so, you’ll resist the temptation and possible mishaps that may occur, and you’ll be able to enjoy the time at your event without the worry and hassle of your meals!
Trying to maintain your healthy lifestyle during the summer can be a challenge. There are so many occasions and situations where it’s difficult to stick to your program and plan, but here at Motive Weight Loss Center, we’re here to help! If you know you’re going to be in a situation where you’re unable to prepare your own meals, talk to your Motive Weight Loss Coach and they will help guide you through what decisions are best to help keep you on track! Our Motive Weight Loss Coaches want to help you meet all of your goals, while still enjoying life and all your celebrations. Motive Weight Loss Center is a guided approach to losing weight in the real world. If you want to start a weight loss program that works for you and your life, schedule a consultation with us today!